Guide for Author
A GUIDE FOR AUTHORS
The Journal of Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Agents publishes original research articles, brief articles, case reports, and reviews on various aspects of infectious diseases and antimicrobial agents. Accepted contributions become the copyright of the Journal. The manuscript should be submitted on-line through the official website of the Journal of Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Agents. In occasional circumstances, a manuscript can be submitted through electronic mail to the editor.
Preparation of Manuscript
All papers must be written in the English language. All sections of the manuscript should be typed double-spaced on one side of good quality A4-sized paper with margins of at least 2.5 cm. Each of the following sections should be as the following: title page, abstract, text, references, individual tables, and legends for figures. All pages should be numbered and lined consecutively, beginning with the title page.
As part of the submission process, authors are recommended to ensure that all of the following items adhere to these guidelines.
- A cover letter is encouraged and optional that the manuscript is submitted to JIDAA only, it has never been published elsewhere in English or other languages, and it has been approved by all authors.
- Figures should be saved at the highest resolution setting and sized no larger than 800 kB per file as possible. Figure images should be provided in JPEG or TIF format. Titles and detailed explanations belong in the legends for figures, not on the figures themselves. Each figure should have a label pasted on its back indicating the number of the figure. Cite each figure in the text in consecutive order. If a figure has been published, acknowledge the original source, and submit written permission from the copyright holder to reproduce the material.
- IRB approval, conflict of interest disclosure, consent form and clinical trial registration are not required, however those are subjected to be provided upon request.
- All of the above contents should be in the same file and submitted in Microsoft Word and a copy of a PDF file.
The manuscript should be presented in the following order:
Title page in the following in order:
1. Type of manuscript (e.g. Original Article, Case Report, Brief Article, Review Article, Photo quiz and Answer to Photo Quiz).
2. Title of the paper with a capitalization of every single word of the title.
3. First name, middle initial, and last name of each author with the highest academic degree e.g. M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D. and their academic affiliation by Arabic numerals.
4. First name, middle initial, and last name of the corresponding author with the highest academic degree, email address and their academic affiliation with postal address including zip code.
5. Running title (no more than 50 characters, including spaces).
6. Keywords: at least three keywords are required
7. Total word count (text only; excluding abstract, tables, and figure legends).
The abstract should not contain more than 500 words. The abstract of the original article should subhead into Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. The abstract of the case report, brief article, review article, and invited article should be concise in one paragraph. No abstract is needed for photo quiz and answer to photo quiz.
Original article: No longer than 5,000 words including abstract, references, table and figure legends. Tables and figures should not exceed 6 in total. The text should be divided into the following headings: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion.
Case report: No longer than 3,000 words for the main text including abstract, references, table and figure legends. Tables and figures should not exceed 6 in total. The text should be divided into the following headings: Introduction, Case presentation and Discussion.
Review Article: No longer than 5,000 words for the main text including abstract, references, table and figure legends. Tables and figures should not exceed 6 in total. Review Article should be submitted under Others category.
Invited article: No longer than 5,000 words for the main text including abstract, references, table and figure legends. Tables and figures should not exceed 6 in total. This type of article is subjected by invitation only.
Editorial: No longer than 5,000 words for the main text including abstract, references, table, and figure legends. Tables and figures should not exceed 6 in total. Editorial should be submitted under Others category.
Brief Article: No longer than 3,000 words for the main text including abstract, references, table and figure legends. Tables and figures should not exceed 4 in total.
Photo quiz and answer to photo quiz: No longer than 2,000 words for both for the main text. Both should be submitted within the same file. Tables and figures should not exceed 4 in total.
All acknowledgments are optional and can be listed after the main text.
Conflicts of Interest
The authors are required to clarify any conflicts of Interest after the main text.
The authors are required to clarify any funding at the end of each manuscript.
References should be cited above the line of text, without brackets or parentheses. Number references consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. Identify references in text, tables, and legends by Arabic numerals. The Vancouver system of referencing should be used. Follow the reference format and journal abbreviations as given in Index Medicus. Titles of journals not listed in the current Index Medicus should be spelled out in full. Names of journals should be abbreviated in the style used in Index Medicus. Examples of correct forms of references are given below.
Journal Article: (List all authors when six or less, for seven or more authors, list only the first six and add et al.) Rongrungruang T, Kaewmanee S, Jannhu V, Sripienjan J. The efficacy of different regimens of albendazole against Strongyloides stercoralis. J Infect Dis Antimicrob Agents 1994;11:113-6.
Books: Remington JS, Swartz MN. Current Topics in Infectious Diseases, Vol 21. Boston: Blackwell Science Publication, 2001.
Chapter in Book: Wenzel RP. Organization for infection control. In: Mandell GL, Douglas RG, Bennett JE, eds. Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 3rd ed. USA: Churchill Livingstone Inc., 1990:2176-80.
Unpublished data and personal communications: should not appear in the list but should be cited in the text only (e.g. Sirijatuphat R, unpubl. Data, 2020).
Galley proofs will be sent to the corresponding author for minor corrections and should be returned to the Editor within 48 hours. Major alterations cannot be accepted.
The journal reserves the right to edit for clarity, conciseness, precision of expression, grammar and to alter a manuscript to conform to the format of Journal of Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Agents.
All articles published in the JIDAA are protected by copyright. No material in this journal may be reproduced on any platform including electronic or in print or transmitted by any means, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Editor of the JIDAA. Written permission must also be obtained before any part of the JIDAA is stored in any retrieval system of any nature.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal didn't charge the following author fees.
Submission of a manuscript to JIDAA
Please submit your manuscript online via https://www.idthai.org/2015/journal/JIDAA/Auth/Login
Jackrapong Bruminhent, M.D.
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine,
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University,
Bangkok 10400, Thailand